Selasa, 4 November 2008

I've read a few reports mentioning that Google Chrome has great features. I can't comment much until I have tested and experienced it. My first impression on Chrome not really good. Google chrome browser cannot open my local portal to run oracle form server. The default error that I got on the chrome browser is "no plugin available to display this content".

It doesn't mentioned what kind of plugin I must have. I'm not facing any problem to open the same link using Firefox 2.0.0.11 Another thing that I noticed is, the bookmark feature not really user friendly. Since this Chrome still a beta version and I hope Google will work hard to integrate with other plugin developer in order to ensure that this browser can benefit the internet user world wide.

My advice to those who want to try this Chrome for testing and evaluation purposes, then you are encourage to download and play around with it.... but if you really want to replace your current browser, please stick to your current browser or you may try Minefield. Eventhough it is still beta version... it is better than Chrome beta version.

Minefield does not have so many features and pre-installed with new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine. Minefield's installation won't affect your current Firefox, so there's no risk trying it. It's quite fast.

Download Minefield 3.1beta here