Rabu, 2 September 2026


I couldn't remember the name of something the other day.

Normally, I'd Google it.

Then I realised something.

Why search the internet when AI already knows what I was talking about?

And that thought is kinda wild.

Not long ago, AI was basically a clever box. You asked a question. It answered. Conversation over.

Now we're heading somewhere very different.

AI can remember preferences. Previous conversations. Projects. The way you like things written. What you're working on. Maybe even what you decided three months ago.

Slowly, AI isn't just becoming an assistant.

It's becoming memory.

Remember that thing we talked about...

This is where AI starts getting genuinely useful.

Imagine saying:

"What was that hotel I liked in Tokyo?"

"What laptop did we compare last year?"

"What was my idea for that side project?"

"Find the recipe I used last Raya."

No folders.

No scrolling through 4,000 WhatsApp messages.

No trying to remember which app you saved it in.

Your AI remembers the context.

That's convenient.

Actually, that's very convenient.

But there's another side to this

The better AI remembers us, the more valuable that memory becomes.

Think about what could eventually sit inside your AI history.

Work ideas.

Travel plans.

Shopping habits.

Documents.

People you know.

Things you like.

Things you hate.

Maybe conversations you wouldn't want anyone else reading.

Individually, these things might seem harmless.

Put them together and they start looking like a surprisingly detailed version of you.

We're creating a new kind of digital footprint

Our generation already leaves pieces of ourselves everywhere.

Instagram knows what gets our attention.

Spotify knows our music.

Google knows what we search.

Grab knows where we travel.

Shopping apps know what we buy.

But AI could be different.

Because instead of knowing one part of our digital life, an AI assistant could eventually understand the context connecting all those parts.

That's powerful.

And slightly creepy when you think about it.

Still, I'm probably going to use it

Because remembering everything is exhausting.

If AI can remember the boring stuff for me, great.

The restaurant.

The document.

The random idea from six months ago.

The settings I always forget.

Take it.

But maybe the future of AI privacy isn't only about what AI can see.

It will also be about something much simpler:

What do we allow AI to remember?

Because one day, losing access to your AI assistant might feel less like losing an app...

and more like losing part of your memory.