Top of the line is the Coolpix P7000, which is aimed at the advanced amateur.
Equipped with a 7.1x zoom lens equivalent to a 28-200mm lens, the 10.1-megapixel P7000 has a number of features specifically tailored for advanced users.
For one thing, the camera has most of its important controls easily accessible via dials and custom buttons - exposure compensation, for example, has its own dedicated dial.
The camera also allows the user to shoot in RAW format in addition to JPEG, which means that all the picture information captured by the camera is retained in a lossless format.
Other interesting "pro-level" features include auto-bracketing, macro photography from as close as 2cm from the lens, and even a virtual horizon display (taken directly from Nikon's high-end DSLRs) for helping the user keep the camera level when shooting landscapes.
ISO settings range from 100 to 3200, with an ISO boost setting of up to 6400.
The Coolpix P7000 has a recommended retail price of RM1,598.
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Key Features
- 10MP CCD sensor
- 720p HD video recording with mic jack for external microphone
- ISO 100-3200
- RAW capture option (.NRW format) and NRW+JPEG (fine)
- 4 x Digital Zoom
- 7x zoom (28-200mm equivalent) f/2.8-5.6 with 2 ED elements and built-in ND filter
- 720p (1280x720) movie mode with AF and lens zoom during recording
- 3.0 inch 921k dot LCD screen
- 4 Picture Control preset modes + custom mode
- EXPEED C2 processor
- Active D-Lighting
- Electronic virtual horizon
- HDMI output
- Zoom memory function
- i-TTL compatibility with Speedlight SB-400/600/800/900 flashguns
- Dual IR receivers (front and rear) for wireless remote control ML-L3.